Thursday, January 24

My new website - Smitten Pictures!

The short story - I whipped up a website for Smitten Pictures - you can check it out here!

Photobucket



















The long-winded ramble (!): Before the holidays, someone said to me, "Lauren, what do you want to do with your life? Where do you see yourself in five years time, aged thirty-five." THIRTY-FIVE! Yowzers, I'm 100% positive I'll still be watching South Park, playing Roller Coaster Tycoon and listening to Metallica but anyway....I thought about it and decided, "I would like to be living in a little cottage home with some sweet pets, and I would like to be working as a photographer full time." I love my job in advertising, I love my little flat but a girl's gotta have some big dreams to chase down! 

They may seem like small dreams to some but to me, they're biggies. 

And nothing makes me happier than editing pictures. Throw in a glass of wine cuppa tea and some stand-up, and honestly, I'm the happiest Panda you ever did see. I'm not sure what I enjoy more - taking pictures or editing them - I love the entire process! 

Over the past year, I've dipped my toe in and out of "shoot" photography, but I've been a little reluctant because I knew I owed it to my clients to be shooting with a more professional camera. Fortunately, I was able to upgrade my gear at the end of last year which was a dream come true! 

So, if all goes to plan, my weekends will be dedicated to photo shoots in addition to my regular shenanigans. 

Friends, if you're reading this, thank you for encouraging me and speaking faith into me. And thanks to every one of you, my beloved blog readers who often email me sweet things about pictures I've snapped. You guys inspire me daily. 

Now, who wants their picture taken, eh? We'll have a ton of fun! xxx

PS: Smitten is on Facebook too (Plug, plug - ha!)
blog comments powered by Disqus