Thursday, December 30

A year of whimsical encounters

2010 was the year that I officially became a pathological...picture taker! It was also the year that I drove my friends nuts with demands like, 'Please do that again, I wanna get a pic!' and 'Oooh, please can I blog that!' Thanks for putting up with me everyone! It was also the year that I decided to either be miserable or make the most of life back home. I chose 'be miserable.' I kid. In all honestly, leaving buzzy London to come back to an often sleepy Durban was very hard for me. It's not that I don't like Durban. I do. It's just that I'm not really an outdoorsy, beachy type which is pretty much the norm for Durbs. So upon returning, I set out to explore the city with fresh eyes and quickly discovered that Durbs has some gems for a cupcake-loving, Lula-reading, thrift store-frequenting human like me. And, blogging about these encounters led me to kindred spirits who are now dear friends. So yeah, that's a bit of a recap for ya I guess! I might do one of those 'Goals for 2011' posts tomorrow. And while we're taking a gander down memory lane, I shall take this opportunity to thank you guys for your support this year. Your visits, kind comments and even those Follow Friday things on Twitter mean alot to me! You've even inspired me to take the whole picture-taking thing a bit more seriously in the New Year but more on that another time. So thanks gang, you're awesome.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

PS: That's Nadia in the first pic. I'm the gal with the leopard bow. No idea what that black stuff is on my arm! Probably mascara. Who knows!
blog comments powered by Disqus